Back to Careers
Peer Support Specialist, Residential Treatment
|Date of Job Posting
||August 30, 2022
|Job Posting Valid Through
Valid until filled
|Position Start Date
||Sunshine Terrace and Behavioral Health
1102 S Raymond Rd, Spokane Valley, WA 99206
Peer Support Specialist for Adult Residential Treatment Facility
- Life Insurance
- PTO Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Serves as a recovery agent by providing and advocating for any effective recovery-based services that will aid the client in daily living
- Responsible for advocating for individual choice, self-determination, and decision making in the planning, delivery, and evaluation of treatment, rehabilitation, and support services. Assist individuals in developing self-advocacy skills.
- Assists in developing and implementing the recovery plan, including identifying life goals and the steps needed to achieve them and identifying services and activities that promote recovery and resilience.
- In coordination with other team members, assists individuals in connecting to community resources, navigating systems and overcoming barriers; advocates for housing, transportation, financial, employment and social challenges.
- Uses own experiences to mentor, foster resiliency, decrease stigmatization of mental illness, provide hope, encouragement and empowerment.
- Assists individuals with finding meaningful activities that promote a sense of purpose, structure, and inclusion in the community.
- Assists individuals in developing coping skills, social skills, and community living skills.
Required Qualifications (Certificates and Licenses)
- Food Handler’s Permit
- Current First Aid/CPR
- Have a recent Blood borne Pathogen training within the last year
- Current WA state driver’s license.
- Minimum of six months experience related to behavioral health.
- Certification as a peer counselor or the ability to obtain certification within three months of hire. Certified Peer Counselor is a recipient of mental health services who has met the registration, experience, and training requirements of the Peer Support Specialist.
Equivalent experience is not accepted in place of required education.
About Sunshine Health and Rehab
Sunshine Health and Rehab provides exceptional long term and acute care services for adults in need. We are an award winning, locally owned care facility serving the Spokane community for over 70 years. Our services include short and long-term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, adult family homes, mental health, memory care, and home health. Our goal is to ensure we treat everyone in our care with respect and dignity while providing a comprehensive system of services. We are looking to grow our team of resident care professionals with dedicated staff who can deliver quality resident care while growing their skills as a member of our team.
We are proud of our service to the community by our amazing care team!
Sunshine Health Facilities is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.